Hayat al-Flooz

As a wee-one in the Heartland, writing was my pleasure, solace and therapy all in one. As I settle into unsettled living in New York City, it is due time to reconnect with my old friend. Enjoy the attempted intellectual musings and personal reflections; comment with reckless abandon. Welcome to the life of Flooz.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Released!

That's right kids, as of 6:30 pm on Sunday evening, MM was discharged from the lovely hosptial where we vacationed this weekend (some people go to the Hamptons, some to 68th and York).

Tomorrow is the big day, gulp, and I'm hoping you all go vote "correctly," as Smel's Mamma would phrase it. The local news, the great pillar of truth in our troubled society, reports that a whopping 40% of registered voters are expected to turn out for one NJ race, which is apparently an enormous percentage. Now, I don't know for sure, but I thought that during the 2004 election, some astronomically high percentage (like 75 or 80%) of my Dakota brethren turned out to vote.

What's the deal NJ? What's the deal rest of the country? And does anyone have any theories (other than the usual "well the lines are short when the population is 200") why the South Dakota folk would be so much more likely to exercise their civic duty? In terms of ease of getting to the polls, a significant number of voters live on farms and would have to drive 15+ miles in order to vote. Is there something in the unpolluted air?

And on another note, I'm trying to shave 25 pages off my thesis so I can use it as a writing sample for grad school. Any suggestions? Are you saying I don't really need to devote 7 pages to The Delta Force's splendor? I'm afraid this will come down to a fight between Chuck Norris and Foucault....

Mas manana, laila tov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home