Hayat al-Flooz

As a wee-one in the Heartland, writing was my pleasure, solace and therapy all in one. As I settle into unsettled living in New York City, it is due time to reconnect with my old friend. Enjoy the attempted intellectual musings and personal reflections; comment with reckless abandon. Welcome to the life of Flooz.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

oh where oh where could my floozy be?

The weekend took her away from you. The weekend and the full-time employment schedule and the grad school applications and the tired. Did I mention the tired?

Alas, dear readers, perhaps I will think of something interesting to blog about this evening while taking care of MM, who is unfortunately feeling under the weather once again. Possible topics:

1. my absentee ballot, specifically the fact that South Dakotas are voting on the legality of abortion, gay marriage AND medical marijuana all in one election! THE LIBERALS ARE COMING! THE LIBERALS ARE COMING!

2. what, if any, incentive can be given to the Iraqi people (i.e. the three ethnic groups living inside what the British and French decided were Iraqi national boundaries in 1917) to act as a united nation

3. fill in option here

any votes? the winning selection will get my brain power for a good 10 minutes, or until I get distracted by The Daily Show, whichever comes first.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flooz,

I dressed as an 80s metalhead at a Halloween party on Saturday. Some guy, playing to my costume, shouted, "BRO!!!! What are your favorite metal bands?!!!" I replied "Black Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth and also lesser known bands like Exodus and Venom." He said, "Wow, you've really got the script down."

-The Rooster

2:33 PM  
Blogger SQ said...

Validation!

while out at two parties on Sat. night, MM and I officially renamed Halloween to "day girls rationalize dressing like skanks." what ever happened to the figure-friendly ghost costume?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

SQ- a professor of mine once referred to Halloween as the day when "Men can dress like women, and women can dress like sluts."

RE: what we can give the Iraqis? I think that Jon Stewart would be enough ... although apparently they do have their own version. He has a 'fro and silly sunglasses.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We can give them an apology.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home